If you want to run Wavosaur audio editor on MAC OS X, it’s now possible : with Wineskin, one can do a wrapper that handle a Windows software into a Mac app.
And we have done it for you !
Download Wavosaur 18.104.22.168 for MAC OS X
=> Wavosaur for MAC OS X <=
It has been tested and works for :
OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
OS X 10.7 Lion
OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
OS X 10.9 Mavericks
VST plugins are working : just be sure to use the Windows dll version (not the Mac version)
Download the ready-to-use Mac app or follow this guide for building a Wavosaur application for MAC :
How to build a Mac app from the Wavosaur windows executable with Wineskin
Wineskin is a free tool able to build a MAC port for Windows application : http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com.
The ports come as normal Mac application bundle.
Wineskin is based of course on Wine.
Here’s a step by step guide, you need an internet connexion and a MAC computer :
1) download Wineskin Winery
2) download Wavosaur 32 bit and extract Wavosaur.exe on your HD
3) download MFC42.dll
4) unzip and launch Wineskin Winery app
If there are no packages / wrappers, just use the “update” button and “+” button to add engine from the Web. You may need to restart the app to make the engine appears in the list.
5) click “Create New Blank Wrapper”
Enter the name for the Mac program : “Wavosaur” is a good choice !
6) if you get some windows asking you for installing .NET support or Gecko support, just click “cancel”, Wavosaur doesn’t need .NET framework in order to run. It just needs a dll file, we’ll add it on step 10)
7) After some time, you should get the window as seen below :
click “View wrapper in Finder”
then close the Wineskin Winery App
8) right click on Wavosaur.app and select “Show Package Contents”, you should see a folder, a shortcut and a Wineskin.app
9) open drive_c /Program Files and copy Wavosaur.exe into it
10) open drive_c /Windows/System32 and copy MFC42.dll into it
11) launch Wineskin.app, and select “Advanded”
12) click on “browse” for the Window EXE and select Wavosaur.exe from the “drive_c/Program Files”. You can also set an icon if you want => Wavosaur Mac icon
At this time you can Test Run : it works ! If not, you can see an error log.
13) close the Wineskin.app, now you can use Wavosaur.app by double clicking on it, like any Mac application.
Copy Wavosaur.app anywhere you want (/Applications sounds like a good place).